2-4 | 2
Cara is a pretty, restored (shabby chic) old miner’s cottage, just a short walk to The Boathouse and The Lake House and with Daylesford Lake literally at the bottom of the garden. Very much part of Daylesford’s heritage, Cara can be seen in all the old photographs of Daylesford around the lake, and the makeover last year has cleverly utilised some of the old fashioned features, whilst combining with modern day appliances and comforts. Heating and cooling are provided by the split system, and wall heaters. NB Cara has steps and stairs, so not wheelchair friendly.
Cara has 2 almost identical queen bedrooms; both with split beds so you can have singles or queen beds, and both bedrooms have a tiny en-suite (shower, vanity and toilet). The dining/living flows to the full kitchen and with picture windows and French doors onto the deck, you can enjoy lovely views of the lake and surround. An electric BBQ is very useful on the deck, and the large smart TV gives the guys something to do while the girls are having a massage. A walk around the Lake is right at your fingertips.
Key features and appointments:
- 2 split queen bedrooms (bed configuration please?)
- 2 en-suites (shower, vanity, toilet) – watch the step down into the bathroom
- Living/dining/full kitchen open plan
- Split system and wall heaters
- Large screen wall mounted TV
- Electric BBQ
- Good sized lawn out the back meets Lake Daylesford at the bottom of the garden
- On street parking for 2 cars
- Children welcome
- No pets
- 10 minutes walk to township
- No WIFI
Cara’s ideal guests are a small family (couple and 2 children), 4 singles or 2 couples. The cottage is compact and dainty – full meals are possible or simply eat out. This is an easy care property and great if you have an event at The Lake House or Boat House.
If you like Cara, you might like:
- Sausalito (see our website dabs.com.au)
- The Lake House
- Lake Daylesford
- The Boat House
- Andrew’s Book Barn
All standard features are outlined in the PDF below.