Frog Hollow Rana
2-4 | 1
Frog Hollow “Rana” is a unique property, set on 3 acres of bush and forest just 5 minutes drive from Daylesford on the road to Castlemaine, and just before The Chocolate Factory. Ideally suited to one couple, or 4 people who don’t need total privacy because there is 1 king bed and 1 queen bed, open plan and only separated by a wooden screen. Rana is like a gothic building from centuries past. The stone gallery is most unusual, very topical and interesting. Just like an old church, it has big wooden doors, peaked windows, high beams, century old timbers and open plan living. Rana is quite an experience.
The middle of the room is the living area with a combustion wood fire and wrap around sofa; plus the beds can enjoy the warmth and romantic ambiance from the fire. At one end of the large room there’s a corner spa bath; at the other end is a closed off shower, vanity and separate toilet. A kitchenette offers a fridge, microwave and basic food preparation facilities.
Unique Features and Appointments:
- 1 king bed and 1 queen bed (separated by a wooden screen)
- 1 large open plan room (like a church) with one bathroom behind doors
- 2 bathroom areas (1 open plan spa bath; 1 shower & separate toilet)
- Living/dining area with Ned Kelly wood fire
- Kitchenette (microwave, small bench grill/2 hot plates, frypan, toaster, kettle, fridge)
- Electric heating as well as the wood fire (no air-con)
- BBQ area (shared with Frog Hollow “Banjo”)
- Rustic cottage garden, winding paths, a dam, forest vista, fruit trees
- Charming and original with quality furnishings
- Off street parking for 2 cars
- Adults only
- Sorry no pets
- No WIFI
Book Frog Hollow “Banjo” next door for your friends – another stone cottage that sleeps 2, not quite as big as Rana but still with the same rustic appeal. There’s a queen bed, spa bath in the bedroom, closed off shower and toilet and separate living with gas fire and kitchenette. Both properties have a TV and DVD collection.
If you like Rana, you may also like:
- Frog Hollow Banjo
- Le Marais
- Finlie (see our dabs.com.au website)
- Goldfield Tracks
- Walk to Hepburn Springs
- The Chocolate Factory
- Forest and woodland walks
Village & Surrounds
All standard features are outlined in the PDF below.