2-6 | 1
Set on 6 acres of pasture and trees, right in the heart of Wheatsheaf, Hog Hill is a gorgeous, spacious, light filled 3 bedroom home just 10 minutes drive from Daylesford, With true “off the grid” living, Hog Hill runs on solar energy and gives you the chance to try an eco friendly existence. Beautiful natural rainwater fills the tanks; gas bottles are used for cooking; a wood fire heats the house; solar power is your friend.
The 3 bedrooms offer 2 queen beds and a set of bunks, catering for 6 people comfortably (children very welcome). There’s one bathroom (bath, shower over the bath) and a separate toilet. The living/dining/kitchen area is open plan and spacious and has a wood fire. A fan circulates the hot air through the rest of the house. There is a large screen TV, DVD player and a choice of around 40 videos plus a PS3. Hog Hill has a large fenced area where children and your well-behaved pet can be safe. A pretty orchard, horses grazing in the paddock next door and the country vista will make your stay a fabulous change from city living. This is a great house for a family, and a fantastic stay in the school holidays.
Unique Features and Appointments:
- 2 queen bedrooms and a set of bunks
- 1 modern bathroom (bath, shower over the bath) separate toilet
- Dining/living open plan, filled with light and very spacious
- Full modern kitchen (no dishwasher)
- Wood fire in the living room heats the whole house
- PS3 and library of DVDs
- Gas BBQ and large fenced garden
- Off street parking for several cars
- Children welcome
- A well-behaved pet is welcome
- Sorry no 1 night stays
- Eco friendly, solar powered, off the grid
There is no other form of heating in the house, except the wood fire and fan. Utilised correctly this will be enough to warm the house. Our office will ensure the fire is on before you arrive. It would be helpful if you give us your time of arrival when you make your booking.
If you like Hog Hill, you may also like:
- El Rancho
- Ravenswood (see our dabs.com.au website)
NB: We do not have other properties that are completely off the grid
- Trentham 15 minutes drive
- Glenlyon 8 minutes drive
- The Cidery
Village & Surrounds
All standard features are outlined in the PDF below.