2-4 | 1
Trewins, sitting on half an acre of bush, was built around the 1860’s and is one of the oldest miner’s cottages in Daylesford. Owners have maintained much of the authentic feel, and a stay at Trewins with its old iron bed, simple kitchen and basic facilities, takes you back in time to a bygone era. Experience life when it was rustic and rudimentary. The kitchenette is equipped with some modern appliances, a hot plate, microwave, kettle and toaster plus there is a slow cooker, so bring supplies for a casserole, which will work a treat (no dishwasher). The cottage is on tank water, beautiful rainwater, so 3 minute showers are preferred.
A wood fire in the living room warms the house and there are stand-alone heaters in the bedrooms which are rustically romantic and old fashioned; one bedroom has a queen bed, the other a double. There are no doors on the bedrooms, simply a curtain for privacy. You can curl up on the sofa in the sunroom and pick a book or a board game from the library, watch the trotters doing their paces in the paddock next door, or sit on the patio with a glass of wine.
Unique Features and Appointments
- 1 queen bedrooms and 1 double
- 1 bathroom (shower)
- Living room with wood fire and small TV
- Heater for the bedroom area
- Garden on half an acre of wild flowers and bush is unfenced
- Library of books and games
- BBQ that requires wood, paper and kindling (best for marshmallows not steak)
- Off street parking
- Your well behaved pet is allowed but the garden is not fenced
- 5 minutes drive from Daylesford
- Rustic and rudimentary
- No 1 night stays
- No WIFI
If you like Trewins, you may also like:
- 20 minutes drive to Ballan
- 1 minute to Stoney
- 4 minutes drive to Lake Daylesford and Jubilee Lake
All standard features are outlined in the PDF below.